Wilkins~Ciara~Emmalyn

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our Trip to Mobile

Emmalyn went on her first road trip to Mobile. Just the two of us went for the week, without Wilkins and of course he was not happy about it. Although taking a ride that long with a 5 week old baby by yourself is a whole other kind of worry. If I wasn't breaking my neck to look at her I was making pit stops to check on her!
We had a great time hanging out with the family. My mom never wants to give her up which causes problems with everyone else who wants to hold her. I guess everyone was right about how people change when it comes to their grandkids!
The reason we went to Mobile was because of my grandfather having a Heart Cathe done on Monday. He ended up having 80% blockage so they gave him a heart stint and made him stay overnight. I think he enjoyed having Emmalyn at the hospital though because it took some of the attention off him and everyone loves a baby in scary situations:) He is doing alot better. Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers!

My sisters and I spent as much time as possible together with Tiffany leaving in July for boot camp and Sherri working on the oil spill crisis for the Guard. So we took Emmalyn to the mall, after the hospital stay, to walk around. I am amazed at how many people are out shopping on a Monday afternoon- does anyone work anymore?
My favorite store at the mall is the Disney Store. I bought Emmalyn all the princess books, princess dolls and toys, princess globe, and princess bags- I think she is a princess so it fits!!!
I think Wilkins is going to end up taking my card away when it comes to Emmy because I want her to have everything:) She just looks so cute I can't help it!

On Tuesday I took her to Fairhope to spend time with my friend Lane and her daughter Savannah. It was so cute watching Savannah, 7, want to play with Emmy- but all my child did was sleep, lol. We also went and saw her Mimi and Grant while we were there. It was nice spending time with Theresa because she hasn't really seen E since the day she was born and it was Uncle Grants first time seeing her!


On Wednesday, my mom invited everyone in her phonebook to come over to the house and meet Emmy. It was great spending time with people I haven't seen in awhile and them gushing over my baby. Lindsey and Brandon came and I think after the wedding you guys should just go ahead and have babies!!!
We finally left on Thursday because Wilkins could not take both of his girls being gone that long! I think E missed him too because when we got home she just stared at him for the rest of the night. Although, she needs to get used to being on the go because that is the way her momma likes it!!! It is nice being home this week to recharge but I am already planning our next trip- maybe the beach:)
Just in one week I am astonished at how much her facial features have changed. She looks more and more like her daddy- which is nice, but is also kind of depressing when you carry this child for nine months and she doesn't look like you. So maybe she will have my personality or drive in life...I guess we will see.
Hope everyone had a great Memorial Day! Love you all


1 comment:

  1. Ok, Grammie does like to hold her, but I usually share! We so enjoyed the visit and miss her so much (oh you too). lol
    Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete