Wilkins~Ciara~Emmalyn

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Emmalyn is 3 Months

Hey- hope everyone is doing good. It is alot harder to update this blog the older Emmalyn gets. She stays up most of the day and when she does take a nap I'm either doing laundry or cleaning the house! However, I'll take it since she sleeps through the night. She has been going to bed between 7-7:30pm and sleeps till 6:30am or so....I love it!
Although I thought that when she started this schedule Wilkins and I would get to spend time together at night, but by the time she gets asleep we are so exhausted that we pass out:) Anyways, we have been staying busy. This picture of Wilkins and I is from Tiffany's going away weekend. We all went jet skiing at Weeks Bay and had the best day...Gramie and Grandaddy watched Emmalyn. That night we went to Ruth Cris and had so much fun with everyone- you realize how much your family means to you when one of them is leaving. Tiffany has been gone 2 weeks and I already miss her! I know she is going to do great at boot camp though!
We came back Sunday and on Monday was Emmalyn's 3 month birthday. So of course I baked her a cake and took pictures of her with it...I let her taste the icing, she is not a big fan of cream cheese yet! This next picture is her helping me in the kitchen and by the way I love the bumbo (her purple seat)- I recommend it to all new moms!
These past couple weeks have been amazing watching her grow so fast. We still haven't been to the doctor to see how much she weighs but she is getting big- we are guessing 10 1/2 pounds maybe? We measured her this week and she was 22 inches long, she has grown one inch a month so far!!! Her newest achievement has been that she is teething. I didn't even know until my grandparents and friends told me. It is rough never knowing what is going on with your own child. But she is handling it well, a little fussy at times but she gets by with gnawing on her hands. Any suggestions on how to make this process any better for her other than drugging her with Tylenol???
So this upcoming weekend is going to be my first time leaving her for longer than a couple of hours. I am going to the beach for a bacholerette party (Megan's- my future sister-in-law). It is in Orange Beach which is not to far from my parents, where she will be staying, but I am still nervous for my own sanity cause I am going to be hopeless having nothing to do. I know my parents are thrilled though...they have already planned the whole weekend! So everyone wish me luck that I won't call 900 times or start crying that I miss her:)
The boys are going away too, but to the cabin in North Carolina. They are going to go rafting at the Ocoee and do whatever it is that 15 guys with no wives or children do! It should be interesting to see how many times Wilkins calls to check in on her- cause I know he will!

Well Emmalyn is still not turning over yet but when she does ya'll will be the first to know. I promise I am going to update more often- I think I have the time to do this once a week, but we'll see:) Love ya'll and hope you have a good week!



1 comment:

  1. Look at Grammie's big girl! She is growing so fast. I can not believe she is already 3 months old and cutting a tooth!
    Love keeping up with her and you through this blog. Just keep it updated- haha!
    Love, Grammie

    ReplyDelete