Wilkins~Ciara~Emmalyn

Saturday, October 2, 2010

5 months and Counting

So its finally college football time!!! We have been waiting all year for this and now we have Emmalyn to join in. Unfortunately, I think she is turning into what I feared- an Auburn fan! She is in love with them and I'm not sure why! Whenever they play she can't take her eyes of the screen then when the real football game starts, ALABAMA, she doesn't seem that interested. It is driving me crazy and Wilkins is loving it. He bought her this really cute Auburn dress and then some shorts (that she has on in the picture). So I guess she will come around eventually. Lindsey and Brandon have come through for me though. Yesterday I received the cutest Alabama pillow outfit from them...I can't wait for her to put that on for game day. So putting a picture of it up this week. You guys are the best...love you and congrats on the wedding this weekend (Oct. 9th).
Speaking of weddings, Lee's is coming up this weekend too. So we will have such a busy week getting ready for family and friends coming into town! Gotta find something to wear for E cause she can't dress like this;)

Isn't that butty the cutest. Anyways, we really haven't been doing much! Just spending time together on the weekends and working during the week! Tiffany's graduation from basic training was this week in Fort Sill, Oklahoma. The Webb family did not make it this time due to Emmalyn being a little too young for the airplane and quiet ceremony. However, Tiffany surprised everyone by being an Honor Grad which is only given out to 3 people out of 500! So, we will be going to her AIT graduation in December! We are so excited it is in Colombia, SC, and since we have not had a vacation this year we are going to make a whole trip out of it. I believe we are going to Savannah, Charleston, Hilton Head and of course Colombia! It will be are first real vacation (with just the three of us) as a family!
It is hard to believe Emmalyn is 5 months now. It seems as if she has been here all along. I barely remember life before her and it seems so insignificant now. Anyways, she is really starting to fill out and her hair is growing. It looks red in pictures but it is kind of a sandy brown! She is grabbing for everything now and very alert for her age (from what I hear- I don't know)! In this picture, Wilkins and I was snacking on some Guacamole and she was getting aggravated at not getting any attention, so she took the chip bag and stuck her head in it to see what the fuss was all about I guess, lol! Then gave us this look like oh please, I am way better!

So, Wilkins reminded me earlier in the week that my birthday is coming up! I have always loved birthdays but turning 25 reminds me that I am not getting any younger! I hope I don't start getting wrinkles now, I am just not ready for any of that. I think this year instead of celebrating I might just do something fun for E, unless it is a massage- haha! I have been wanting to take her to the McWane Science Center. It is supposed to be really fun for babies too and it looks so cool! I'm not sure what is in it but I guess we will find out:) Birthdays are just not that big of a deal anymore when their is something greater in life for you- I have the best husband and baby, what more could I ask for!!!



This picture was taken before Emmalyn and I went to a good friend of mine, Mandy's baby shower on Sunday. Looking at this picture makes me just adore having a girl! I wanted a boy so bad while I was pregnant and was hurt a little when I found out it was a girl. However, God knew what he was doing because she has been so amazing. I love having a girl to spend all my time with. It is fun thinking of the shopping trips we are going to have or the chick flicks that I can watch with her -since no man likes them- or spending time doing whatever when hunting season starts!!! There is truly always a reason for everything:)


I was trying to get E to smile and wave in this picture but she is done smiling for any camera. Thanks mom and grandma:) So I hope everyone has a goodnight and week! I love you all.



1 comment:

  1. She is adorable Ciara. But I am so glad to have another Auburn fan in the family. Aunt Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete