Wilkins~Ciara~Emmalyn

Friday, October 14, 2011

Grandparents 50th Anniversary

Happy fall everyone...I am so excited that it is finally cooling off and that the leaves are turning. I have never been so ready for summer to end like this year. However, with the cooler weather comes Emmalyn wanting to be outside non-stop and that Wilkins's hunting season is about to start. By the way, for those of you who don't know..I now despise hunting season!!! Why does it have to last so long ? And why does my husband love it, every weekend, lol? I think this is why God gave me a girl...someone to spend my time with while W is gone for the weekend! He hasn't started yet but I know its coming cause its in the air!!!!!

Mom got Emmalyn this super cute Halloween outfit made last week. She wore it to school today and had enough attention to last her the weekend, I hope, lol! If anyone will coo and give her attention then she does not care where I am. I went to pick her up this afternoon and some of the other parent's were around her talking about her cute outfit...she looked at me and said Bye-Bye to me. I never thought that my child would tell me to go- at least not this early on!!!

Emmalyn's new fascination is her purse that she carries everywhere. She puts an old cell phone in it along with fake lipstick if that's not a sign already! I don't know what I am going to do with her. She has a personality of a diva and loves to run that mouth. She is coming home everyday with new words and attitude. I don't know how people have several girls (mom). My luck I will probably end up with a bunch of girls- down the road, no time soon!!!!








Last weekend we went into Mobile for my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. It was so special to see their renewal. That is an achievement that so few make these days. I try to instill their love, commitment, and kindness in my own marriage because its such a need, and who to learn better than them. I know marriage takes work and patience and that is something they, along with my parents too, have taught me!

Congratulations on 5o years Grandma & Papa, its so wonderful to have you as grandparents!


This was Emmalyn's picture from their Renewal ceremony.





At their reception Emmalyn met her new cousin, Noah. He is my cousin Jessica's stepson! Noah is 17 months old- same age. Look at the difference in size. I always say Emmalyn is big until I see her with other kids her age. She is always so petite but tall compared to the rest. We have her 18 month check- up next Friday, so we will see what her percentile is!


Jessica also just found out some news this week...she is pregnant! Congratulations to you and Vic!


Hope everyone has a great weekend!!! Stay safe:)




No comments:

Post a Comment