Wilkins~Ciara~Emmalyn

Monday, November 15, 2010

Not Much Here But Bliss


Hey- Emmalyn is going to be 7 months Friday...already! Time is flying by so fast and now with the holidays next week it is going to be a whirl-wind! We have been staying busy here lately. Last weekend, my family came up and we had a girls weekend at the Christmas village at the BJCC. It is just a huge arts and crafts show with 700 vendors. My mom, grandma, and Sherri all went with me and E. This picture was taken outside of the event because we were exhausted from walking around for 6 hours looking at clothes. Unsurprisingly, not clothes for me- but for E. She has so many Christmas outfits now that I don't know how she is going to wear all of them. I just hope that one of my sisters or sister-in-laws have girls in the future because I've got plenty of clothes to share! It was nice seeing Sherri for a change. I have felt so out of the loop with Sherri and Tiffany doing all of their military training and what not. They have both been so busy. Tiffany gets to come home from AIT school next week and we are so excited. Probably not has excited as she is :)

So, this past weekend was our first weekend without Emmalyn. She went down with my grandparents to Mobile on Friday and came back Sunday. I missed her like crazy but we stayed busy. On Saturday, we went to the Auburn game. My first tiger game...it was okay, lol! It was such a gorgeous day for football and we had alot of fun. It was hard for me to let loose because I don't know what to do now when I don't have to watch E. After the game, we went to our friends lake house for couples weekend. Since we got there so late, like 9:30pm, I just wanted to go to bed. I stuck it out because I knew we wouldn't get another free night, so I watched football with everyone and hung out on the boat (which was freezing by the way). About an hour and half later Wilkins comes up to me saying he is tired. We ended up going straight to our lake house and going to bed. We have changed so much from the "night owls" to the "got sleep every chance I get" mood. I remember laughing at my parents for always going to bed early...now I so understand and apologize!
I was so happy to get Emmalyn back home. I prefer being tired all the time rather than not having her home. I might let her stay away when she starts talking and walking. Thank you to Grandma and Papa for driving her down and Mom and Dad for letting her stay so that Wilkins and I could have a weekend together. I appreciate and love you all!



Coming up:
Wilkins and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house this year with my family. It is going to be so exciting being with everyone, including Tiffany and Justin. After the holidays we will have so much to worry about with our loved ones going to Afghanistan. Also it is Emmalyn's first holiday so we are going to make this the best holiday ever, even if it is cheesy it sounds like!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for letting us keep Emmalyn this past weekend. It was great and she is such a good baby! Tell her Grammie and Granddaddy love her very much and are so excited about her first Christmas too!
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete