Wilkins~Ciara~Emmalyn

Monday, August 8, 2011

Baby Easton has Arrived

On June 11th, 2011 my beautiful sister and her husband, Bobby had their first child. Easton James Light was born at 11:58pm and is perfectly healthy. He is the first boy in our family in 40 years!

Sherri is doing well and loving being a mom already. Sleep deprived and all she is so happy. No pictures of her though because she did not allow that, lol! I was so drugged after having Emmalyn that I let everyone in their momma take a picture of me...I definitely regret it now!!! But, we are so blessed to have the new editions of Bobby and Easton in our family! Life couldn't get any better for the Jones girls...well maybe Tiffany who was upset about missing his birth. She is doing well in Afghanistan by the way!






Emmalyn and I didn't make it for the birth since it happened so quickly on that Saturday night(6 hours, from start to finish)! So, we got up and left Birmingham around 6am that morning to head to the hospital in Dothan, AL. I was worried about Emmalyn getting jealous but she wasn't! She "tried" to walk around that room like she owned it. The only time she got upset was when my mom, her gramie, was holding him.


However, with Sherri being hopped up on drugs she took Emmalyn up her bed and played with her. So since Em was still in the center of the room with everyone looking at Sherri she was content.

I can't figure out what the deal is when one person has a baby it complies everyone to ask me when my next one is coming. I loved holding my sweet nephew but am in NO hurry to have another at this time. Newsflash***Emmalyn is enough to handle for now! She keeps me on my toes at all time.





Before we left, Em discovered that if she loved on Easton and gave him kisses everyone would cheer and clap. My child has to be the biggest attention hog- I'm not sure where she got it:)













Congratulations to the Light family. We are so excited about our first boy and now getting to be an Aunt just takes the cake!!! At times like these we discover how God works in mysterious ways. He has plan for everyone even though we don't understand at times. I love you my baby Easton and I can't wait to watch you grow!





No comments:

Post a Comment